Dietary guidance: v v
2 cups rice
2 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless), cubed
1 medium cooking onion, chopped
1 pint/2.5 cups mushrooms, halved
2 bunches leeks, sliced into 1-in lengths
coconut oil, for cooking (omit for non-stick pans)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T vegetarian oyster sauce (more to taste)
2 T tamari soy sauce (more to taste)
1 T sweet chili sauce (more to taste)
1 T ginger, minced (optional)
1 ts curry powder (more to taste)
1 ts pepper
plain yogurt (optional)
1) Prepare rice or couscous according to directions. (This can be done simultaneously with the preparation of the curry.)
2) In a medium-sized skillet or wok, heat the oil and fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
3) When onions become transparent, add mushrooms. Stir in garlic, sauces, ginger, and spices.
4) Toss meat and vegetables so that they are evenly coated. Add leeks, stirring occasionally until they are wilted.
5) Serve over rice, with a small dollop of yogurt as an accompaniment if so desired. Should keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
The chicken in this recipe can be replaced with firm tofu or tempeh; reduce cooking times as necessary.