Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1-1/2 cups cooked and cooled rice
1/2 cup peas
5 prawns, chopped (or 1/2 cup cooked chicken, shredded)
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
1 egg, beaten
1 clove garlic, chopped
1-1/2 teaspoons preserved shrimp paste
A few chili flakes (optional)
Oil for pan frying
1. Heat up a wok/frying pan to red hot, pour a little oil into the pan. Drop in the garlic, chili and shrimp paste and fry for about 30 seconds.
2. Drop in the prawns first, and fry for 10 seconds before dropping in the peas, the pineapple and the mushrooms. Toss around for another 2 minutes.
3. Add in the rice, making sure to break up the big lumps. Toss together with the other ingredients until well-mixed.
4. Form a well in the centre of the pan, and pour in the egg. Let it solidify, and then mix into the rice. Mix well.
5. Toss together once the egg is cooked, and pour onto a platter and serve with a sprig of parsley.