2 cups whole cream
1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup shredded coconut
6 egg yolks, beaten
1. In large saucepan over medium heat, stir shredded coconut for a few minutes until slightly brown.
2. Stir in the cream, coconut milk, half-and-half and sugar, heat until warm but not boiling.
3. When the liquid is slightly warm (still not hot to the touch), mix a scoop of the mixture with the beaten egg yolks.
4. Stir the cream and yolk mixture well, then pour the mix back into the pot.
5. Continue to warm the cream (now on low heat) until warm but NOT boiling (boiling will scramble the yolks!)
6. Cool the cream to room temperature, while preparing the ice cream freezer for churning.
7. Churn ice cream until frozen. If it turns out a little soft to your liking, put into container and freeze a little longer before serving.
8. Scoop into dishes and serve with crushed pineapple, a sprinkle of toasted coconut or crushed peanuts, or serve it as-is.