Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and finely diced
55g/2oz chorizo, diced
225g/8oz minced pork
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
salt and freshly ground black pepper
100ml/3½fl oz dry sherry
1 tbsp chopped almonds
1 egg beaten for egg wash, optional
500g/1lb 2oz packet puff pastry
** can opt. with apples, sausage slice, berries sauce :)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and grease a baking sheet.
2. Heat the oil in a sauté pan and fry the onion, garlic and green pepper until soft.
3. Add the minced pork, chorizo, thyme, salt and pepper. Fry until the meat begins to colour.
4. Add the sherry and reduce the heat. Simmer until the meat is cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated. This will take approximately 10 minutes. Stir in the almonds.
5. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
6. On a well floured board roll out the pastry to 3mm/1/8 in. Using an up-turned saucer or tea plate size in diameter.
7. Place a spoonful of the filling in the centre of the pastry. Wet the edges and fold over the other half of pastry to enclose the filling. Seal the edges with a fork. Brush with the egg wash.
8. Continue to use up the filling on the remaining pastry circles.
9. Place on the greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.