Dietary guidance: v v
Two cans diced tomatoes.
4-5 cloves of garlic.
1 tbsp raw sugar.
1 cup fresh basil.
2 tbsp olive oil.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper into a saucepan.
- Cut garlic cloves in half and stir through.
- Allow to simmer on low for 30 mins.
- After simmering, mash sauce and softened garlic with a potato masher.
- Cover and continue to let simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat.
- Loosely chop basil and add basil and olive oil to the sauce, stirring through.
- Serve immediately with al dente pasta.