1 cup scalded (warm) milk
1 Tb yeast
4 Tb sugar
1 tsp salt
6 Tb butter
3 1/2 cups flour
1lb. lean ground beef (crumbled, browned)
1/2 half head of cabbage
1 package of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
Water just enough to prevent sticking
1. Mix dough ingredients (leave dough a little sticky) and knead.
2. Let dough rise until double and punch down.
3. Simmer beef, cabbage, onion soup mix, and water until cabbage is tender.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven at 425.
5. Roll out dough (thin, about 1/4 inch thick) and cut into 5 inch by 5 inch squares.
6. Place a large spoonful of meat and cabbage mixture on each square and pinch corners together, making sure to seal completely.
7. Place (pinch side down) on greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 425 for ten minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove from cookie sheet and brush with butter.