Serves: abt 5
· Choice of Seasoning Mixture (see below)*
· 2 whole bone-in chicken breasts, split (about 2 1/2 pounds)
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
· 1. Prepare chicken.
· 2. With fingertips, separate skin from meat on each breast half. Rub equal amounts of Seasoning Mixture under skin of each breast. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
· 3. Place chicken on grill over medium heat, and cook about 25 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of breast is pierced with tip of knife, turning over once.
· 3. Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Seasoning: In small bowl, mix 2 sun-dried tomatoes packed in seasoned olive oil, minced, and 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped.
· 4.* Garlic-Herb Seasoning:In small bowl, mix 2 garlic cloves, crushed with garlic press, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel.
· 4*. Sage-Butter Seasoning: In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, softened, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves.