Preparation time: 45 min.
Cooking time: 45 min.
2 strips bacon
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp flour
4 C milk
4 small potatoes (or 2 medium) cut into 1/2" cubes
Kernels from 2 ears of corn (the fresher the better)
1/2 pound of green beans, blanched, cut into 1" strips (optional)
1 cube Knorr vegetable boullion (the one in Spanish is better)
2-3 C chicken broth (depending on how thick you want the chowder)
1. Cut bacon into 1/2" squares and sautee until crispy. Remove bacon leaving drippings in pan.
2. Add olive oil & flour and mix well until flour doesn't smell raw
3. slowly add in milk, mixing well so there are no clumps.
4. Add potatoes and cook until almost tender but still a bit raw
5. Add corn and beans, if using, and cook 5 min. until cooked but still crispy
6. Add in 3/4 of the boullion cube and the chicken broth. Taste, if it's not salty enough, add the rest of the boullion.
7. Serve with the reserved bacon as garnish.