Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
For the prawns
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped
8 raw tiger prawns, shells removed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, juice only
small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 tbsp tamarind paste
2 tbsp coconut cream
3 tomatoes, peeled and very finely chopped
For the coconut rice
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ onion, finely chopped
150g/5oz basmati rice, rinsed
300ml/10½fl oz coconut cream
small handful fresh coriander, chopped
1. For the prawns, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion, garlic and ginger for one minute.
2. Add the prawns, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the lime juice and coriander.
3. Add the tamarind, coconut cream and the tomatoes. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.
4. For the coconut rice, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry the chopped onion until softened, but not brown.
5. Add the rice and stir. Pour in the coconut cream and add enough water to just cover the rice. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the rice is soft and has absorbed all the liquid.
6. Fold in the coriander and serve immediately with the prawns.