Serves: 12 muffins
Dietary guidance: v
1 cup wheat bran
1 cup of mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cup vanilla-flavored soy milk or plain soy milk
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons prune baby food or prune butter
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup soy flour
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
4. Add brown sugar, baby food, and egg-stir well.
5. Combine flours and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl and make
a well in the center of the mixture.
6. Add the bran mixture to the four mixture.
7. Stir until just moist.
8. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
9. Spoon batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups.
10. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
11. Remove muffins immediately from the pan and cool on wire rack.