8-10 fresh bratwursts, in natural casings (approx 4 oz. each)
3 large onions
2 tablespoons olive oil or margarine
6 cans beer (any style)
1. Place brats in large saucepan and cover with 4 cans of beer.
2. Bring to boil.
3. Lower temperature and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile saute sliced onions in olive oil or margarine.
5. Cover and cook slow, turning onions often till tender.
6. Do not carmalize.
7. Drain bratwurst and place on hot grill.
8. Gas or charcoal.
9. Brown evenly on all sides.
10. Watch closely.
11. The sausage fat can cause flare-ups.
12. Remove from grill, when browned.
13. Place in foil pan, or oven ready pan, or crockpot, along with
onions and remaining beer.
14. (add more beer if necessary to cover).
15. Refrigerate, until one hour before eating.
16. Reheat slowly for an hour.
17. If you plan to serve immediately after grilling, heat the
remaining beer and onions before adding grilled bratwurst.