Preparation time: 20mins
Cooking time: 1-2 hours
For even better taste .. Use organic Ingredients!!!
1½kg/3lb 5oz stewing beef, cut into cubes
3 strips streaky bacon
3 tbsp butter
2 large onions, peeled & chopped
8 mushrooms, chopped
4 carrots, cut into quarters, scrubbed and left whole
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped thyme
2 tbsp chopped parsley
3 cloves of garlic, crushed and grated
425ml/15fl oz milk
425ml/15fl oz chicken or beef stock
*the milk and stock should cover all incredients.
corn flour to thicken (if desired)
Don't throw away anything edible!! it all goes into the main pot!!
1. Brown the beef and bacon in the melted butter in a hot casserole or heavy saucepan.
2. Remove the meat and toss in the onions, mushrooms and carrots, one ingredient at a time, seasoning each time.
3. Place these back in the casserole, along with the herbs and garlic.
4. Cover with milk and stock and simmer for one hour or until the meat and vegetables are cooked.
5. Add corn flour to water then to the stew to thicken (if desired)
6. serve with boiled potatoes & butter.