Dietary guidance: v v
375g Red Lentils
1 large onion
2 Tbspn peanut oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp minced ginger
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp tumeric
3 tsp garam masala
1 tbspn thai sweet chilli sauce
1.5L chicken or vegetable stock
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1. Wash lentils in several changes of water. Drain.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion.
3. Heat peanut and sesame oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute till soft.
4. Add ginger, coriander, turmeric, garam masala and chillli sauce, cook 1 minute.
5. Add the lentils and cook another minute.
6. Stir in stock, cover and simmer on a low heat for 40 minutes.
7. Serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves