Preparation time: 5 mins.
Cooking time: 45-50 mins.
Dietary guidance: v
*1/2 cup uncooked Rice
*2 Bell Peppers, seeded and whole
*1 tbsp Olive Oil
*2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
*1 tsp dried Basil
*1 tsp Italian Seasoning OR additional Basil + 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
*1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
*1/4 cup Black Olives, sliced
*1 Tomato, diced OR 1/2 - 3/4 cups Salsa
*1/2 cup crumbled Feta
*Optional: fresh Cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
2. Prepare rice. Meanwhile dice tomatoes, slice onions, and cut tops off peppers to seed.
3. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook green onions with basil, italian seasoning (or garlic powder), and ground black pepper for 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in black olives and tomatoes (or salsa) and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon in cooked rice and stir until heated through. Remove from heat and mix in feta. Stuff peppers well, packing mixture in.
6. Bake peppers for approximately 20 minutes or until tender.
7. *Optional: Sprinkle fresh cilantro on tops of open peppers immediately before serving.
*If using large peppers, may be necessary to double recipe.
*If preparing for several people, use different peppers for an appealing display of colors.