Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 Minutes
Dietary guidance: v
2 15-ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Chipotle Chile Pepper (use less if you don't like spicy food), chopped
Cilantro to taste, chopped
Corn Meal for coating
Nonstick Cooking Spray
4 Hamburger Buns
1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1-3 tsp Adobo Sauce, from the pepper
4 Slices of Tomato
1. Mash one can of the black beans into a smooth paste in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Add the second can of black beans, the pepper, and the cilantro and mix. (Do not mash the second can of black beans.)
3. Form the mixture into four patties.
4. Coat each hamburger with corn meal.
5. Cook each hamburger for 5-10 minutes, or until heated through, on a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray on it.
6. Mix the mayonnaise with the adobo sauce.
7. Place the hamburgers between each of the hamburger buns, and top each hamburger with the mayonnaise mixture, a slice of tomato, and some lettuce.