Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
4 medium size pablano peppers
2 cups crumbled bleu cheese
3 cups baby portabella mushrooms (or button cap)
2 large shallots
5 cloves garlic
5 slices bacon, cooked off
3 tablespoons clarified butter
1) cook off bacon (crisp is better)
2) dice mushrooms, shallots, bacon; chop garlic
3) heat saute pan and add clarified butter
4) mix mushrooms, shallots, bacon, and garlic
5) saute above in pan until 1/2 way cooked. Add 3/4 of the bleu cheese at this point.
6) lower heat to medium flame and continue until cheese is melted and mixture is thick. Do not burn bleu cheese!! If this happens, start over.
---heat oven to 325----
7) take off stove and set aside. Cut the tops off the pablano peppers and discard the seeds.
8) take the bleu cheese mixture and stuff into peppers. The remaining bleu cheese is crumbled on the top of each.
9) Place peppers upright in a pan (1/8 pan works out very well) and bake at 325 for about 30 minutes or until the bleu cheese crumbles turn a medium brown.
This goes perfect with a NY Strip, Porterhouse, or Filet Mignon steak. Accompany with a mild red wine or a dark beer.