Preparation time: 20 mintues
Cooking time: 20 minutes
â€¢ 4 (6-8 oz.) strip sirloin steaks 1â€-inch thick â€“ or steaks of your choice. (If steaks are frozen, let them completely thaw before preparing them.)
â€¢ Garlic powder
â€¢ â€œClub House - La Grille - Montreal Steak Spiceâ€ seasoning
â€¢ Prepared steak marinade (I like to use â€˜Presidentâ€™s Choiceâ€™ steak marinade)
1. Sprinkle one side of the steaks LIGHTLY with garlic powder and Montreal Steak Spice seasoning. Then using a meat tenderizer mallet, gently tap each steak all over so that all the seasoning is â€œembeddedâ€ into the steaks. Turn the steaks over and repeat the process.
2. Put steaks into a sealable container or plastic bag (large Zip-loc bag) and add a generous amount of steak marinade to ensure all the steaks are covered. Seal and shake well. Marinate in the fridge a minimum of 2 to 4 hours for high quality cuts of meat - OR - with lower quality cuts they should be marinated at least 8 hours or overnight. Turn or shake the steaks in the marinade at least once during the marinating process.
3. About 30 minutes before you wish to BBQ, remove the steaks from the fridge and lay out on a tray so as to allow them to get up to room temperature. Discard marinade.
4. OPEN THE BBQ LID AND LIGHT UP THE BBQ. Once it is lit, close the lid so that the temperature can rise as high as possible - at least 500°F. This may take up to 20 minutes or more for a propane or gas BBQ. Longer for a regular charcoal BBQ.
5. Lightly oil the grill and BBQ the steaks on the preheated BBQ till desired doneness.