Dietary guidance: v v
1 pound baking potatoes
1 3/4 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Peel the potatoes, cut in quarters, cover with cold water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender. Drain and mash. You should have about 2 cups.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, a few dashes of paprika and nutmeg, and the chopped parsley.
3. Add the warm potatoes and turn out onto a floured surface. Knead just until dough is well mixed and not sticky. Let rest for 15 minutes.
4. Roll chunks of dough on floured board into logs about 1 inch thick. Cut into diagonal slices about 3/4 inch thick.
5. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add gnocchi. After they rise to the surface, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
6. Drain well and cover with your favorite pasta sauce.
1 g total fat (0 g sat)
0 mg cholesterol
62 g carbohydrate
8 g protein
3 g fiber
250 mg sodium