Preparation time: 30
Cooking time: 10
* 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 6 slices
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
* 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 boneless pork loin chops, cut into bite sized pieces
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 2 cups cooked brown rice
* 1/3 cup chopped green onions
* 1/3 cup cashews
1. Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels, cover with additional paper towels, and place a dinner plate on top. Let stand 30 minutes. Then cut tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili garlic sauce.
3. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in pork, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in ginger and garlic. Then stir in tofu, and cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
4. Stir in broth mixture, bring to a boil; simmer until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve over cooked rice garnished with green onions and cashews.