* 1 cup [250 mL] water
* 1 1/2 cup [375 mL] chopped potatoes
* 1 1/2 cup [375 mL] chopped broccoli
* 2 tablespoons [30 mL] butter
* 1 onion, minced
* 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon [5 mL] celery salt
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy cream [35% m.s.g.]
* In a casserole, bring water to a boil.
* Add chopped potatoes and, 5 minutes later, chopped broccoli.
* Simmer for 5 minutes; set aside [do not drain].
* In a clean casserole, melt butter.
* Brown minced onion in melted butter, until translucent.
* Mix in potatoes and broccoli, along with cooking water.
* Pour in chicken broth.
* Cook for 10 minutes.
* Pour mixture into a blender; mix until well mixed and smooth.
* Pour mixture back into casserole.
* Sprinkle with celery salt, salt and pepper; reheat.
* Pour in cream.
* Reheat, stirring constantly without boiling, until hot.