Preparation time: 4-5 hours
Cooking time: 10 hours
Dietary guidance: v
* 1 cup dices quince (Earth) (fresh or canned pears, in juice, can be substituted)
* 1 cup mulberries (Air)
* 1 orange, peeled and sectioned (Fire)
* 1 large apple, diced (Water)
* 1 qt. vodka
* 2/3 cup honey
* 1/8 tsp. each cinnamon and ginger
1. Place the fruits in a large, oven-proof crock with vodka; allow to soak for 4-5 hours.
2. Mix in the honey and spices, and cover the crock securely. (A paste of flour and water over the edges helps keep the flavor, aroma, and alcohol content.)
3. Place the entire mixture in the oven at 200 F for 10 hours.
4. Cool and strain, and serve either hot or cold.