Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 35
Dietary guidance: v
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup of oil
1 can of pumpkin
2/3 cup of milk
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375(C)
2. Sift the flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, salt, baking soda together.
3. Add vanilla extract and oil and mix until just crumbly--take out 1 1/2 cups of mixture and set aside.
4. Line and pat down gently in a lightly greased 13x9 pan.
5. Bake for 10 minutes (this is the crust!)
6. Mix the pumpkin, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and milk together and pour over the crust.
7. Sprinkle extra cinnamon on top of the mixture and then cover with the remaining crumble mixture.
8. Put back in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Let cool, cut into bars, and enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Note: For a less crumbly crust, use 1 cup of oil instead of 3/4 cup.
Note2: You can also use 2 tsp of pumpkin spice instead of the cinnamon/nutmeg.