Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 45 min.
1 1/2 lb pumpkin
1/2 lb potatoes
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 clove garlic
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups milk
salt & ground pepper
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Cream Cheese
1/2 cup shredded dill
2 teaspoons paprika
1. Peel and dice pumpkin and potatoes.
2. Dice onion and garlic.
3. Melt half the butter or margarine in a saucepan
and saute the onion and garlic until golden brown.
4. Add the diced pumpkin, potatoes, milk, sour cream, cream cheese and shredded dill.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 40 minutes.
6. Puree in an electric blender.
7. Season to taste with salt, ground pepper and paprika.
8. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
10. Serve with a large spoon of sour cream and dash of parsley.