Preparation time: 20 mins.
Cooking time: 30 mins.
4-6 chicken thighs
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/3 to 1/2 cup curry powder
1 tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 can coconut milk
Vegetables (e.g. carrots, peas)
1. Night before: chop chicken into bite size pieces and season with the curry powder, garlic, garlic salt and pepper.
2. Brown chicken in hot olive oil in the pan.
3. Turn heat to low and let simmer for about 20 mins.
4. Add the coconut milk, stir in.
5. Add raw veg, cook till done (if peas, allow coconut milk to simmer for at least 5 mins. first)
Serve with rice.
(Original recipe recommends serving with poppadums, mango chutney)
Also: possibly add tomato, raisins, nuts, shredded coconut etc.
Original recipe from 'Cookin & Laughin in the Cayman Islands' by Suzy Soto
21st October 2007