Preparation time: under 30 mins
Cooking time: 30-60 mins
Serves: How hungry are you for sweet stuff?
Dietary guidance: v
2 x 415g/14oz cans pear halves in juice, drained
125g/4oz plain flour
25g/1oz cocoa powder
125g/4oz caster sugar
150g/5oz unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 free-range eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. For the pudding, preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and grease a 22cm/8½in square ovenproof dish with butter.
2. Arrange the pear halves over the base of the dish.
3. Place all the remaining pudding ingredients into a food processor and blend to make a smooth batter with a soft dropping consistency.
4. Spread the batter over the pears in the dish, then transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the pudding from the oven and let it stand for 5-10 minutes, then cut into slices.