Preparation time: 30'
Cooking time: 15'
Dietary guidance: v
150 g plain chocolate
5 ml vanilla essence
1 liter of creme patissiere
175 g Amaretti or Madeira biscuits
60 ml kirsch
1 large jar of drained black cherries (min. 800 g)
600 g whipped double cream
1. Melt the chocolate using a bain-marie or in the microvawe
2. Add the vanilla essence to the creme patissiere
3. Divide the creme in two bowls
3. Add the melted chocolate to one bowl
4. Assemble the trifle : place half the biscuits in the base of a serving dish. Spoon half the chocolate creme over the biscuits. Top with half the drained cherries. Repeat the layers.
5. Finish the trifle with piped whipped cream and decorate with chocolate curls.
6. Place in the fridge for four hours.
7. Serve with brut champagne.