Cooking time: 40 mins.
Serves: 4 servings
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
4 oz. white chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup sugar
4 large egg yolks
2 tsp. kirsch
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1. In a small saucepan, warm the half-and-half with the white chocolate and sugar over low heat. Stir gently until the white chocolate is melted, then remove from the heat.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Gradually add the warm half-and-half mixture to them, stirring gently with the whisk. Add the kirsch.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Set four, 4-oz. ramekins or 6-oz. custard cups in a baking pand with high sides. Add warm water to the larger pan, so that the water reaches halfway up the outside of the custard cups, creating a water bath. Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 40 mins. or until the custards appear to be slightly jiggly when nudged.
5. Remove the custards from teh water bath and cool on a wire rack.
6. Serve slightly warm, or at room temperature, topped with fresh raspberries.