Preparation time: 5min
Cooking time: 16min
Serves: 9 muffins
2 mashed ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup)
â€¨2 tbsp canola oilâ€¨
1/2 cup fat-free milk
â€¨3/4 tsp vanilla extract
â€¨2/3 cup white whole-wheat flour (such as King Arthur) or whole-wheat flour
â€¨1/2 cup quick-cooking oatsâ€¨
1/4 cup sugarâ€¨
1 3/4 tsp baking powderâ€¨
1/2 tsp ground cinnamonâ€¨
1/4 tsp saltâ€¨
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Combine bananas and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla) in a medium bowl; mix well, and set aside.
3. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife. Whisk together flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a small bowl.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
5. Spray 9 muffin cups with cooking spray (or use paper liners), and spoon 1/3 cup batter into each cup (cups will be full).
6. Bake 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.