Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Serves: 12 +
2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I use low fat)
1 cup white sugar
1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (I use low fat)
2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin (I use sugar free)
2 cups boiling water
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
2. stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons white sugar: mix well and press mixture into bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
3. bake 8-10 minutes, until set.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. in a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and white sugar.
6. Fold in whipped topping.
7. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
8. dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
9. Stir in frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly.
10. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
11. Refrigerate until set.