Serves: 6 servings
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbl. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 table (18%) cream
3 large ripe bananas
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1. In a bowl, whisk eggs with sugar until thickened and pale yellow. Whisk in flour. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, bring cream to a simmer. Gradually whisk into the egg mixture.
3. Return entire mixture to the saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Be careful not to let it boil. Strain into a clean large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
4. In a food processor or blender, puree banans with milk until smooth. Pour into cream mixture, scraping down the side of the bowl. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until completely cold or overnight.
5. Stir cream mixture. Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.