3 cups seedless raisins
3 cups sultana raisins
1 cup chopped glace cherries
1 cup chopped candied pineapple
1 1/2 cup citron/lemon/orange peel
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup rhum
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp mace
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1. Line two 9" x 5" x ?" loaf pans or two 8" tube pans with heavy waxed or brown paper. (I prefer to use mini-muffin tins & decrease adjust cooking time.)
2. Prepare fruit & nuts; dust with 1/4 of the flour. Add rhum & let sit for days or weeks.
3. In different bowl, stir remaining flour salt, baking soda & spices together.
4. In separate bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add molasses & mix well.
5. Blend in dry ingredients; fold in fruit & nut mixture.
6. Fill prepared pans 2/3 full.
7. Bake in a slow oven (300F) 2 hours or until done.
8. Place a shallow pan of hot water on bottom rack of oven during baking; remove during last hour.
9. Cool before removing paper; re-wrap well and store in an airtight container in a cool place.