Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 30mins
* 700g smoked cod
* 400ml skimmed milk
* 2 bay leaves
* 1 tbsp unsalted butter
* 1 tbs olive oil
* 2 leeks (white part only), finely sliced
* 2 tbs flour
* 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
* 1 cup grated cheddar
* 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
* 1 sheet frozen reduced fat puff pastry
* a little milk
1. Place cod in a pan with milk and bay leaf over low heat, bring to a simmer and poach for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid. Flake the fish flesh and discard the skin. Set aside.
2. Melt butter and oil in a saucepan over low heat, add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until softened. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, then add reserved liquid and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Add egg, cheese, fish and parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
4. Place filling in a lasagne dish and place sheet of pastry on top
5.Cut 2 slits in the top of the pastry, brush with the milk and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve with a salad or steamed broccoli and peas