* 6-8 medium pre-cooked potatoes (or a 2-lb pkg of frozen hash browns)
* 1/4 cup diced onion
* 1 can (10 ¾ oz.) cream of chicken soup (or cream of celery)
* 1/2 soup can milk
* 1 cup sour cream
* salt and pepper to taste
* 3/4 cup bread crumbs or crushed cornflakes
* 3** tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
# Heat oven to 350 deg.
# Thaw frozen potatoes or cook fresh potatoes and cut into cubes (skin on or peeled to taste).
# Place potatoes in a greased 2-3 quart casserole dish or a 9x13 cake pan.
# Saute onion in 1T of the butter and spread over potatoes.
# Combine soup, milk, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. For a creamier dish, add 2-3 tablespoons additional milk. Mix well. Spread sauce over potato/onion mixture.
# Melt butter and combine with crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over mixture.
# Sprinkle cheese over mixture.
# Bake uncovered at 325 deg F for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly throughout.
Ideal as a sidedish to go with a ham.