Preparation time: Long
Cooking time: Short - Medium
1 packet of Thai Tom Yum Soup Spice Paste
1 can of condensed chicken broth or seafood broth
Large pot of water
1 can bamboo shoots
Half a pack of medium soft tofu
Shrimp or Chicken or Fish
1 small box of mushrooms
Half bunch of cilantro
Juice of 1.5 lemons
1. Wash the raw meat under cold tap water for a couple minutes.
2. Boil the meat (shrimp, chicken, or fish) in a pot of water with some salt and oil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium low and let simmer for about an hour. Optional, leave bone in or cut out.
3. To the broth (water from boiling the meat), add 1 can chicken broth or seafood broth, 1 can of water, and the spice paste. Stir.
4. Chop the mushrooms, 3/4 of scallions, and half the bunch of cilantro. Add to the pot mix.
5. Chop tofu in a 1/2 inch cubes and add to pot.
6. Cut the lemons in quarters and squeeze the juice into the pot mix.
7. Bring all to a boil, and then let simmer on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
8. Add a few pinches of salt, as needed.
9. Serve in bowls with remaining chopped fresh cilantro and onions sitting on top.