Preparation time: Short
Cooking time: Medium
Serves: 1 or more
pork steaks, butter, garlic, onions, mushrooms, red wine, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt+pepper+oil (SPO), sauerkraut or fresh cabbage
0. (Optional Step) Marinate raw pork in chopped onions, red wine, soy sauce, and salt. Set aside to refrigerate at least 1 hour, in a bowl covered with lid or plastic wrap.
1. Wash raw pork steaks or take marinated pork out of refridgerator, depending on whether you took the optional step.
2. Cut garlic in half and rub pieces on raw pork both sides.
3. Chop a separate batch of onions, and mushrooms.
4. In pan, heat oil with some garlic and put a piece of butter and the onions in.
5. Fry onions for 3-4 minutes then add the mushrooms.
6. Fry the onions and mushrooms until onions are translucent and soft.
7. Remove onions and mushrooms from pan, set aside on a plate and splash some balsamic vinegar on this.
8. In pan, heat some more oil and garlic in preparation for the pork steaks.
9. Fry steaks on medium high heat to sear (about 5 mins.) then turn down to low heat.
9a. Note that step 0 was optional and if you really have no time, you can add the red wine, soy sauce, and salt to the frying pork at this point.
10. To prevent burning take the sauerkraut or cabbage and lay it under the pork like a bed in the pan.
11. Place pork on top and let steam at low heat for about 6-7 minutes or until done.
12. Remove all, combine with the set aside mushrooms and onions. Salt and pepper to taste. ENJOY.