Preparation time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 1h10min
1.2 kg lamb shoulder
3 cloves garlic
1 kg carrots
1 each- red and yellow pepper (capsicum)
4 tomatoes- skinned and cut into cubes, or use canned tomatoes
1 canned chickpeas
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 pinch nutmeg powder
1 pinch chilli powder
1 tsp corriander seeds
salt and pepper
1. Cut lamb into big pcs. Peel and chop onion and garlic. Peel vegetables. Cut carrots and turnips into chucks, zucchini about 2cm thick, and capsicums into wedges.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pot and stir fry onion and garlic till fragrant, then add lamb and stir fry for 15 minutes.
3. Add spices, chickpeas, tomatoes and paste. Mix well and allow to boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Lower fire and simmer for 20 mins.
4. Add in carrots, turnips and capsicums. Mix well, cover and cook for 35 mins or till meat is tender. Add in zucchini during the last 10 mins.
5. Serve with couscous. (prepare separately, or together if using a couscoussiére)