Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 15
4 garlic cloves
3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
4 (1/4 lb) boneless center cut pork loin chops, trimmed
1/2 tsp salt
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1. Mince 3 garlic cloves and put in large bowl
2. Add vinegar, 2 tsps oil, oregano and basil; mix.
3. Add pork and toss to coat; marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Remove pork from marinade and discard marinade.
5. Dry pork with paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
6. Heat 1 tsp in large non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
7. Add pork and cook until browned (~3 minutes on each side.
8. Transfer pork to a plate and set aside.
9. Mince remaining garlic clove.
10. Heat remaining oil in same skillet over med-high heat.
11. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook until vegetables begin to soften (~3 minutes).
12. Add tomato sauce and pork; turn pork to coat.
13. Reduce heat and simmer until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the side of each chop registers 160 F for medium (~5 minutes).
1 Serving = 1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce
Nutritional Info / serving:
239 calories, 12 g fat, 4 g Sat. fat, 0 g trans fat, 51 mg cholesterol, 667 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrates, 2 gram fibre, 22 g protein, 42 mg calcium
WW Points per serving: 5
From:WW TurnAround Program Cookbook