Serves: 16 Preparation time: Cooking time: Difficulty: Easy - for beginners Dietary guidance: n
Tags: dessert ·
Crust & Filling
14 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (1 1/4 cups/300 mL finely crushed)
2 pkg (6 oz/175 g each) white chocolate, chopped
4 pkg (8 oz/250 g each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
1/2 tsp (2 mL) Double-Strength Vanilla
4 eggs, room temperature
Sauce & Garnish
1 cup (250 mL) 100% pomegranate juice
1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
Sweetened whipped cream, pomegranate seeds and white chocolate curls (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°F). For crust, lightly spray sides of Springform Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Break cookies in half and place in Manual Food Processor; cover and pump handle to form very fine crumbs. Press cookie crumbs evenly over bottom and slightly up sides of pan. Bake 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
2. For filling, place chocolate in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes or until mostly melted, stirring every 30 seconds with Mix ‘N Scraper®. Place cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; beat on medium speed of electric mixer just until incorporated. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition just until incorporated. Add chocolate; mix just until blended. Pour over crust.
3. Bake 55-65 minutes (see Cook's Tip) or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken (center will firm as it cools). Turn off oven; open oven door slightly. Let cheesecake stand in oven 1 hour. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack; remove collar from pan. Cover cheesecake; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
4. For sauce, combine juice and cornstarch in (1.5-qt./1.4-L) Saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; pour into (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
5. For each serving, drizzle with syrup and garnish with whipped cream, pomegranate seeds and chocolate curls, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 410, Total Fat 29 g, Saturated Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 7 g
Cook's Tips: For best results when baking this cheesecake, use a water bath to create a humid environment, which helps prevent the top from cracking. Fill Rectangle Baking Pan halfway with hot tap water; place on bottom rack of oven. Place cheesecake on middle rack of oven. When cheesecake is done baking, open the oven door slightly and let the cheesecake cool slowly in the oven over the water bath.
To make chocolate curls, place two squares of baking chocolate on a piece of Parchment Paper; microwave on HIGH 10 seconds. Using Vegetable Peeler, create curls from softened chocolate.