A Tunisian dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, peppers, onions, chilli, and spices. Serve with a salad, fresh bread and the spread of your choice.
• 1 120g tub of Mezze Matbukha
• 1 can of chopped tomatoes
• 2-3 eggs
• 1/2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
• Hummus/Baba Ganoush/Labneh
• Fresh bread
1. Add tub of Mezze Matbukha and the can of tomatoes to a large frying pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Crack eggs one at a time into the sauce.
3. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until eggs are cooked to your liking.
4. Serve with fresh bread, Mezze Hummus, Baba Ganoush or Labneh and a salad.