Preparation time: about 10mins
Cooking time: 8-15mins
Easy - for beginners
Serves: 6-10 scones
The easiest 3 ingredient scone recipe using 7-Up.
- 1 can/375mL of regular 7-Up. Sprite can be used, but 7-Up tastes far better.
- 1 cup of Whipping Cream
- 4 cups of (white) Self-Raising Flour.
- Preheat the oven to 450o.
- In a good size mixing bowl mix, pour the 1 cup of whipping cream, and the 7-Up into, and mix well, a spoon is fine, and egg-beater easier. Stir well.
- Add the 4 cups of (white) Self-Raising flour into liquid mixture and stir well into dough.
- Pour some flour on to clean dry counter or cutting board, put mixture on to the flour, and play with dough for a minute. Roll in to a long roll like long bread stick, either cut into ‘squares’ with cutting knife or with hands in a size about 3/4 of palm.
- Put dough ‘squares’ onto a baking tray, until tray is full or no more ‘squares’. When the oven has reached the 450o temperature, put the full tray into the oven. With the oven light on, and door close, set a timer for 8 minutes, and check at 8minutes, if scones look still ‘doughy’ add and additional 4 minutes, until browned to desired.