Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: About 30 Minutes
Easy - for beginners
Yummy, hearty pumpkin soup that can be made with only 3 ingredients! Get ready for winter with this one...
- 1/2 a pumpkin, with the skin cut off, and the flesh cut into thin slices
- 5 chicken stock cubes
- 1 large brown onion
- Optional extras:
- (1) Spoonful of sour cream on top of each bowl OR
- (2) Coriander or parsley leaves on top of each bowl OR
- (3) Sprinkle through some nutmeg OR
- (4) Sprinkle through some smoked paprika OR
- (5) Add some curry powder or chilli for an extra kick!
- Dice the onion
- Cut the skin off the pumpkin and then cut the flesh into thin slices. Any type of pumpkin will do.
- Put all the ingredients into a big pot and pour in enough water to cover the pumpkin.
- Boil all the ingredients until soft.
- Wait for the soup to cool a little and then put into a blender. Puree until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, use a potato-masher instead.
You can now also add any of the optional extras listed in the ingredients section.
Serve the soup on its own or with a green salad or some crusty bread.