Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 30
Apple crumble with gingernuts in the crumble bit
- 6 apples, peeled and cored
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 packet gingernuts or similar ginger biscuits
- ground cinnamon to sprinkle
- 80g unsalted butter
- Mix the flour and caster suger together in a bowl. Crumble in 6-8 gingernuts.
- Chop the butter into half a dozen blocks, and knead into the flour.
- In a saucepan, bring some water to the boil and dissolve the honey into it; reduce heat, add the apples and parboil for around 5 minutes - don’t let them go completely soggy.
- Transfer the drained apples to a baking dish and sprinkle the cinnamon over the apples.
- Cover liberally with the flour-sugar-gingernut mixture.
- Put into a preheated 200 C oven and backe for 30 minutes or so, or until the crumble goes brownish and crunchy.