Babi Buah Keluak
- 1 kilo pork ribs
- 10-15 pcs bua keluak, washed and soaked overnight
- 5 Bua Keras
- three quarter rice bowl red onions
- 1 thumbsize Kunyit
- one quarter rice bowl dried chillies
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 6 slices lengkuas
- 2 sticks lemongrass, sliced finely
- half inch belachan
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 rice bowl assam juice
- 1 rice bowl water
- Soak overnight bua keluak - take out nuts, pound with salt and sugar and stuff back
- For the rempah: 5 bua keras, 3/4 bowl of red onions,1 thumbsize kunyit, 1/4 bowl of dried chillies, 2 fresh chillies, a bit of lengkuas sliced fine, and the serai, 2 serai sliced fine, and a bit of belachan.
- Fry rempah until naik minyak.
- Add 1 rice bowl of assam juice, a bit of salt and sugar, and 1 rice bowl of water.
- When this boils, add the pork ribs, lower the heat and simmer for half an hour.
- Add the bua keluak and cook until meat is tender (about one hour).