Cooking time: 10
Basic chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease cookie sheet.
- Cream together shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.