Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Easy - for beginners
Moist tasty muffin that my kids love too even with the bran in them.
- 1/2 cup butter or marg at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup bran
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter or margarine, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat eggs in until well blended.
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda and bran in a separate bowl.
- Blend together dry ingreds alternately with bananas into the butter mixture.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips. Do not over mix
- Fill greased or lined large muffin cups 2/3 full of mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 mins until muffins are done.
(cool before serving as muffins hold together better cooled at room temp and also the chocolate chips are very hot right out of the oven and to give to kids to eat)
- A recipe I have made many times that I clipped out of the newspaper years ago.