Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 3 hours
Warm wintery Beef casserole that is delicious!
- 400g Beef (stewing/casserole beef) cubed
- 4 tablespoons plain floor
- 1/4 pint beef stock
- 1/4 pint port
- 1 medium onion
- 100g button mushrooms
- 3 cloves
- teaspoon fruits of the forest jam
- Slice the onion and fry with olive oil in the casserole pan on the hob until softthen remove from pan and put to the side.
2)Put the plain flour in a bag, such as a freezer bag, season with salt and pepper and then put a handful of the beef cubes into the bag and while holding the top give it a good shake to cover the beef thoroughly. Then remove the beef from the bag putting to the side and do the same with another handful, repeating until all the cubes are covered.
- heat up some more olive oil in the casserole pan and add the flour covered beef cubes. Fry until lightly browned all over just enough to seal the meat and not actually start cooking it.
- take off the heat add the onion, cloves, port and beef stock
- add more port and/or beef stock in order to just cover the ingredients if needed.
- Put the lid on the casserole dish and put it in the niddle of a preheated over at 150 degrees for 3-3.5 hours
- half an hour before the end add a teaspoon of fruits of the forest jam or black cherry jam.
Serve with anything i.e. any sort of potato and veg or with rice