Cooking time: 18 mins.
Serves: about 20 cookies
A recipe from the famous San Francisco cookie shop, Blue Chip Cookies, which is located in Ghirardelli Square-- the site of the city's oldest chocolate factory.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cut firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 Tbl. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cupwalnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the sugars and butter together until smooth. Mix in teh egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 2 Tbl. balls and place 8 balls, spaced 4 inches apart, on each of the baking sheets.
- Bake for 18 mins. or until pale godlen brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.