Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
by Annabel Karmel from Complete Party Planner
- 100g/4oz plain flour
- 100g/4oz plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 200ml/7fl oz vegetable oil
- 90g/3½oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120g/4½oz finely grated carrots
- 225g/8oz tinned crushed pineapple, semi-drained
- 100g/4oz raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Beat the oil, sugar and eggs until well blended. Add the grated carrots, crushed pineapple and raisins. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating just enough to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into muffin trays lined with paper cases and bake for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
By Annabel Karmel from Complete Party Planner