Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 10 - 12 hr
Easy - for beginners
This is my absolute favorite chicken recipe. You definitely taste the bleu cheese, though, so make sure you're a fan. 13 WW points per serving (but well worth it)
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1 t dried thyme
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1 t minced garlic
- 3/4 c chicken broth
- 2.5 lbs frozen chicken breasts
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1 c crumbled bleu cheese
- cooked white rice
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream of asparagus soup, dried thyme, paprika, minced garlic, and chicken broth. Ladle some of this mixture into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer frozen chicken breasts with mixture in crock pot, until all chicken and sauce have been used.
- Cook on low for 10 - 12 hours.
- Increase temperature of crock pot to high setting.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and bleu cheese. Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Cook an additional 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken over cooked white rice, with sauce ladled over each serving.