Preparation time: 15 mins.
Cooking time: 10 mins.
Easy - for beginners
I reproduced this recipe from a dish that is served by downtown Houston deli Alonti Deli. It comes really close. Great way to use leftover chicken.
- Olive oil
- 1 cup grilled chicken, cubed (I use 6 oz. Hormel Select Carved chicken breast)
- Four bell peppers, cleaned and julienned
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 12 ounces pasta (I recommend fettuccini or bow tie pasta), cooked in salted water
- Alfredo Sauce (I use Monterrey Pasta Co. fresh alfredo sauce)
- Tablespoon granulated chicken boullion
- Tabasco sauce
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Shredded parmesan
- Once your salted water has come to a boil you can start preparation.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- Clean and julienne four bell peppers (I like to use green, orange, yellow and red).
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil in wide saute pan and add peppers. Saute lightly for about five minutes, then add mushrooms.
- Add chicken, toss well with peppers and mushrooms.
- Add alfredo sauce, boullion crystals, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add Tabasco sauce to taste (this can be omitted completely if you like).
- Simmer on low heat until heated through and pasta is done.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.